Customize a share folder/sub-folder structure based on an imported xml file descibing the file structure and its properties.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjazmin
Member II

Customize a share folder/sub-folder structure based on an imported xml file descibing the file structure and its properties.

Hello. I have a collection of clinical trials organized into differnt case files. Each case files have a different or unique folder structure that is described in a xml file specific for that case. I am using the latest Alfresco Community Edition 2018.

What I want to do is to auto generate each case folder structure using its unique xml file as it is being imported into our SHARE respository. Since I am still new to using Alfresco, is there a way or tool that can autogenerate a unique folder structure for each case in SHARE? Please let me know. Thank youj.

2 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: Customize a share folder/sub-folder structure based on an imported xml file descibing the file structure and its properties.

You can use any api to read the xml file and create the folder structure as per the xml file.For creating folder/files from xml.

Folder/Files are called nodes in alfresco.For each node there is a type associated with it, for example folder,content(file),invoice document or salary slip document etc...

To create any of above you can use javascript/java api.

Javascript : JavaScript API | Alfresco Documentation 

If you are using java you can use nodeService to create nodes.

You need to create one webscript/custom actions.This webscript will read the xml and generate the folders/files as per the xml.For how to creat webscript you can read below article.

Repository webscript in alfresco | Krutik Jayswal 

douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Customize a share folder/sub-folder structure based on an imported xml file descibing the file structure and its properties.

Just to add to your answer, the following addon can provide some really useful ideas:

GitHub - alu-ixxus/alfresco-nested-folder: Allow user to create nested folder(s) by typing path like...