Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c-0815
Member II

Debugging AOS in ACS Community Edition

Jump to solution

Hello,

I installed ACS 7.0 community successfully. I also integrated AOS 1.4. Editing in Word 2016 works but I have problems with comparing version or accessing version history at all. So I decided to debug the AOS module.

In the tomcat log I get

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (aoservices-trc.AbstractVermeerService).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

Obviously the aos tries to write to the logs, but doesn't find a configuration. In the custom-log4j.properties  (/shared/classes/alfresco/extension) there aren't any entries for that module.

So how can I enable logging for aos?

best regards

Ralph

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Debugging AOS in ACS Community Edition

Jump to solution

The VermeerService is actually not part of the Repository (alfresco.war) application, that's the reason it is not covered by the custom-log4j.properties (even without an entry there, it would go to the root logger by default and not show that error message). It is part of the _vti_bin.war application, for which there is - as far as I know - no configuration support via the normal extension classpath. You'd likely have to put a log4j.properties inside the WEB-INF/classes directory of that application to configure it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Debugging AOS in ACS Community Edition

Jump to solution

The VermeerService is actually not part of the Repository (alfresco.war) application, that's the reason it is not covered by the custom-log4j.properties (even without an entry there, it would go to the root logger by default and not show that error message). It is part of the _vti_bin.war application, for which there is - as far as I know - no configuration support via the normal extension classpath. You'd likely have to put a log4j.properties inside the WEB-INF/classes directory of that application to configure it.