cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mangar
Established Member II

Default AIO not working. JMS Transport not recognized [vm]

Jump to solution

I just did a simple AIO maven install and did the ./run.sh.  I am using AIO SDK 4.2  starting up I am getting this error:

alfresco-acs_1    |  2021-05-02 21:12:19,815  ERROR [component.jms.DefaultJmsMessageListenerContainer] [Camel (alfrescoCamelContext) thread #1 - JmsConsumer[acs-repo-rendition-events]] Could not refresh JMS Connection for destination 'acs-repo-rendition-events' - retrying using FixedBackOff{interval=5000, currentAttempts=0, maxAttempts=unlimited}. 
Cause: Error while attempting to add new Connection to the pool; nested exception is javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create Transport. Reason: java.io.IOException: Transport scheme NOT recognized: [vm]

in  my global properties I have the default:

# Embedded broker without persistence
messaging.broker.url=vm://localhost?broker.persistent=false

How do I fix this?  And/Or is there a way to making it persistant?  Im not really sure what this does and why it's important.   I just know I can't get the default install to work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mangar
Established Member II

Re: Default AIO not working. JMS Transport not recognized [vm]

Jump to solution

So it seems that there is a dependency missing in the default alfresco pom that is in the image.  I had to import, in my alfresco-platform-docker pom,  in the dependencies plugin:

<artifactItem> 
<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId> <artifactId>activemq-broker</artifactId> <version>5.16.1</version> </artifactItem>

And now the error is gone.

Is there a public Jira or something that I can report these too?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Could likely be that the activemq did not started properly.

This is the default setting:

messaging.broker.url=\"failoverSmiley Sadnio://localhost:61616)?timeout=3000&jms.useCompression=true\"

if you don't want to use transformation services and disable actibemq then you can add following in global properties:

messaging.subsystem.autoStart=false

Try following docker commands and see if you can find all services up and running as defined in docker-compose.yml:

docker ps 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
mangar
Established Member II

Jump to solution

So it seems that there is a dependency missing in the default alfresco pom that is in the image.  I had to import, in my alfresco-platform-docker pom,  in the dependencies plugin:

<artifactItem> 
<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId> <artifactId>activemq-broker</artifactId> <version>5.16.1</version> </artifactItem>

And now the error is gone.

Is there a public Jira or something that I can report these too?

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mangar 

Great you got it sorted & thanks for updating us on how. You can raise issues at github.

Thanks,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
qgou
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I am having the same error message in my SDK4.2 AIO project. Where exactly should I add

<artifactItem> 

Do you mind sharing your modified pom.xml under platform-docker?  Like below?

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
<artifactItem>
<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
<artifactId>activemq-broker</artifactId>
<version>5.16.1</version>
</artifactItem>

Thanks,

Qing