cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davedavedave
Partner

Define custom permissions based on custom type property value

Jump to solution

I'm following the documentation on how to create a custom role with permissions. I would like to have a user have certain permissions, based on a property of a custom type. To use the alfresco acme example, lets say I have an acme:document type wich has an acme:status property and I want users to have certain permissions based on the status (and status is constraint property). So if status=in progress they can read & write, and if status=closed they can only read (this is just an example). How would I go about that? It's clear to me how to assign certain permissions based on type, but not how to go even deeper and give permissions based on property values of these types. Is that even possible? Regards, David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Define custom permissions based on custom type property value

Jump to solution

I guess that approach is not doable.

You should be moving documents to different folders when status changes. Permissions may be specified in the folders in order to get desired behaviour: Read-Only folder, Updating folder, Creating folder...

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

1 Reply
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Define custom permissions based on custom type property value

Jump to solution

I guess that approach is not doable.

You should be moving documents to different folders when status changes. Permissions may be specified in the folders in order to get desired behaviour: Read-Only folder, Updating folder, Creating folder...

Hyland Developer Evangelist