cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezernova
Member II

Delete files from Alfresco

Jump to solution

Hi guys! I need to change the minimum time that content binaries are kept in the contentStore and the time the Content Store Cleaner job runs. What shoul I do? Where can I find protectDays property? What's the file name and where is it located? 

I mean this:

<bean id="contentStoreCleaner" class="org.alfresco.repo.content.cleanup.ContentStoreCleaner" >     ...      <property name="protectDays" >        <value>14</value>     </property>     <property name="stores" >        <list>           <ref bean="fileContentStore" />        </list>     </property>     <property name="listeners" >        <list>           <ref bean="deletedContentBackupListener" />        </list>     </property>  </bean>

How to change the schedule for Content Store Cleaner job?

Is there a way to remove files from recycle bin automatically, not manually? 

I'm running Alfresco Community - 5.2.0 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Delete files from Alfresco

Jump to solution

You should include you property system.content.orphanProtectDays in alfresco-global.properties. This will override default value.

Content stores overview | Alfresco Documentation 

To delete automatically files from Recycle bin you can configure TrashCan Cleaner in alfresco-global.properties.

Configuring the Trashcan Cleaner | Alfresco Documentation 

To delete automatically files from Content Store Delete you can use this addon https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-deleted-content-store-cleaner or simply use a cron to remove files periodically.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

2 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

You should include you property system.content.orphanProtectDays in alfresco-global.properties. This will override default value.

Content stores overview | Alfresco Documentation 

To delete automatically files from Recycle bin you can configure TrashCan Cleaner in alfresco-global.properties.

Configuring the Trashcan Cleaner | Alfresco Documentation 

To delete automatically files from Content Store Delete you can use this addon https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-deleted-content-store-cleaner or simply use a cron to remove files periodically.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
ezernova
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot!