anon26949
Established Member
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Auto versioning for specific properties only

Jump to solution

It is unfortunate that this can only be set globally while the autoVersionOnUpdateProps can be set on a node-level. though that might significantly increase size of DB if setting a large list of properties.

As long as you have a consistent list of "excludedOnUpdateProps" for your entire system, that approach is ideal. If fine-grained control is needed I think the option to setup a custom versioning behaviour might be more appropriate, e.g. for different types of nodes. In that case I would disable autoVersionOnUpdateProps and use a custom behaviour to create a version via Version2Service (after checking the property changes for relevant ones).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
janv
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please refer to Versioning Behaviour 

If you scroll to the end of the page, you will see the ability to override the "versionableAspect" to exclude specific properties (via "excludedOnUpdateProps").

Regards,

Jan

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

It is unfortunate that this can only be set globally while the autoVersionOnUpdateProps can be set on a node-level. though that might significantly increase size of DB if setting a large list of properties.

As long as you have a consistent list of "excludedOnUpdateProps" for your entire system, that approach is ideal. If fine-grained control is needed I think the option to setup a custom versioning behaviour might be more appropriate, e.g. for different types of nodes. In that case I would disable autoVersionOnUpdateProps and use a custom behaviour to create a version via Version2Service (after checking the property changes for relevant ones).