Deploy Alfresco Content Services Apple MDM (assign to device option is gone)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gvenhuizen
Member II

Deploy Alfresco Content Services Apple MDM (assign to device option is gone)

We want to deploy the Alfresco Content APP in the Apple Profile Manager but we can't deploy this app because the ASSIGN TO DEVICE option isn't there. Only the option deploy with an Apple ID and that's not what we want to do.

If you see the 'This app cannot be assigned to a device' alert in Configurator 2 - Apple Support 

Help! 

5 Replies
mikeh
Active Member II

Re: Deploy Alfresco Content Services Apple MDM (assign to device option is gone)

I have toggled the VPP setting in iTunes Connect. Could you let me know if that fixes the issue with Configurator please?

Thanks,

Mike

gvenhuizen
Member II

Re: Deploy Alfresco Content Services Apple MDM (assign to device option is gone)

It Works! Thanks mike!

Gerwin Venhuizen

djbiggo
Member II

Mike,

I've been trying to find a solution for this Problem since May, 17th.

I've escalated the Problem to BlackBerry (since we're using BlackBerry UEM aus our MDM) and Apple. Both told me it's Alfrescos fault.

Why did you make such an important Change to the bahaviour of VPP App deployment, in the first place?

We solely rely on per device assignment of licences to our (800) iOS devices. Your "tinkering" with licence Settings in iTunes Connect the broke our Alfresco Content Services deployment.

Thanks for that...

At least now App deployment with device assigned licences is working again.

Cheers

Oliver Wieczorek

Berliner Wasserbetriebe

mikeh
Active Member II

Hello Oliver

I'm not aware of us "tinkering" with that setting recently, but apologise for the inconvenience it has caused you.

It's disappointing that you didn't raise the issue directly with us when you first saw the problem. We are very responsive on the mobile @ alfresco email address, as well as JIRA tickets and could have resolved the issue for you back in May. Please consider using those avenues in the future.

Regards,

Mike

djbiggo
Member II

Thank you Mike,

That would have been the right thing to do. Next time a similar issue occurs I'll get in contact ASAP.

Regards,

Oliver