Desactivate NTLM for CMIS but keep NTLM authenticate for users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcoupey

Desactivate NTLM for CMIS but keep NTLM authenticate for users

Hello,

I'm trying to connect a CMIS portlet from an other solution to an alfresco, doesn't work ( but works with an Alfresco without NTLM)

However, I need to keep the NTLM for my users.

Is there a way to keep the NTLM for users but deactivate only the one for CMIS ?

Thank you,

Joffrey

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Desactivate NTLM for CMIS but keep NTLM authenticate for users

I am afraid there is not. Either you have HTTP SSO enabled or not. There currently is no differentiation between different HTTP-based APIs unless you manually rewire the authentication filter mapping.

cesarista
Customer

This reminds me that in some Alfresco 5.1 versions, when enabling Single Sign On, it is not possible to auth in CMIS endpoint. Maybe he is refering to this:

GitHub - keensoft/alf-21757-repo: Patch to ALF-21757 and ALF-21521 

May you confirm your Alfresco version ?

Regards.

--C. 

jcoupey

Hello,

Thanks for your comments, my Alfresco version is 5.2.

regards,

Joffrey

jcoupey

Mr Faust,

I'm not sure to understand how to manually rewire the authentication filter mapping, may I ask you further informations ?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Sincerely,

Joffrey

afaust
Master

My remarks should not be construed as an advice on what to do. They were merely meant to explain that this is not supported, and you'd need to change a central piece of out-of-the-box configuration/implementation.

If you'd really wanted to go in that direction, you would have to change the servlet filter mappings inside the web.xml file bundled in the Alfresco Repository WAR. To do that, you should be familiar with the servlets specification, what the various Alfresco filters do and how they interact with other components of Alfresco. Again, this is not something that I advice or recommend.