cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdsingh83
Member II

Difference between Alfresco CE vs SDK?

Jump to solution

What is exact difference between Alfresco CE vs SDK and which one I should use for Development purpose?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Difference between Alfresco CE vs SDK?

Jump to solution

Alfresco CE stands for Alfresco Community Edition. It's the product to be installed.

Alfresco SDK stands for Alfresco Software Development Kit. It's the Maven base project to develop extensions in Alfresco Repository and Alfresco Share.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

4 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Alfresco CE stands for Alfresco Community Edition. It's the product to be installed.

Alfresco SDK stands for Alfresco Software Development Kit. It's the Maven base project to develop extensions in Alfresco Repository and Alfresco Share.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
rdsingh83
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Angel

Thanks for you reply , as a Java Developer , I would like to create Dynamic Website. Which one would you recommend SDK or CE ?

Thanks

Raman

kintu_barot

Jump to solution

Hi,

Alfresco is an ECM (Enterprise Content Management) product. It is not recommended to use Alfresco to create just a Dynamic website. It provides the functionality to store and manage content/documents of the organizations.

You can use Alfresco SDK to customize the Alfresco product. However, Alfresco can communicate with a website, you should not use SDK to create a Dynamic website.

Please visit Using Alfresco Share | Alfresco Documentation for more information.

Thanks

Kintu

ContCentric   

Regards,
Kintu
rdsingh83
Member II

Jump to solution

I understand it is not only for dynamic website. My question is based on Web Quick Start module,

Currently If I use Alfresco CE , I can see there is Web Quick Start dash let available but it is not available in Maven SDK project,  I want to customized wcmqs (Web Quick Start) to mimic my existing website. Or is the anyway I can create empty wcmqs instead of importing Finance or Government module.

My requirement is Creating website , some of  content of site should be visible by some users , some contents should be hidden for non-login users and contents is coming from Database.

Please help me to work on right direction.