Different FTS search results in Node Browser in different web browsers???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenad982

Different FTS search results in Node Browser in different web browsers???

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have very strange behavior in Alfresco Community v5.1.e. We have the custom content model and based on it we created FTS query which is part of custom GET web script. When we execute this FTS query in Node Browser using different web browsers (Mozilla vs Chrome) we receive different results (Mozilla 2 results, Chrome 0 result). Also if we call this custom GET web script using these browsers the same result set is returned in JSON format (Mozilla 2 results, Chrome 0 result) like in Node Browser.

QUERY:

PATH:"/app:company_home/cm:RFC//*" AND ASPECT:"vech:rfcAspect" AND vech:rfc_published:"true" AND vech:rfc_dossier_number:"eCH-0054" AND vech:rfc_dossier_version:"2.0"

This is first time that I experience this strange behavior and I am working with Alfresco for years. Please take a look at screenshots.

Did anybody had experience which I have described?

Thanks in advance...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: Different FTS search results in Node Browser in different web browsers???

Jump to solution

It looks like your two browsers have two different locale's set (look at the i18n strings in the bottom left-hand corner of the screenshot: "Users and Groups" versus "Benutzer und Gruppen"). Can you try again making sure that both are using identical locales?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

could you paste your search-Term in the Slingshot-Search (Alfresco Share) and see if you experience the same difference? 

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

It looks like your two browsers have two different locale's set (look at the i18n strings in the bottom left-hand corner of the screenshot: "Users and Groups" versus "Benutzer und Gruppen"). Can you try again making sure that both are using identical locales?

nenad982

Jump to solution

Thank you, Jeff, you were right. Language settings in browser affect behavior. By setting the locale in Java API:

SearchParameters sp = new SearchParameters();

sp.addLocale( Locale.GERMAN );

I was able to force it when executing the query and this issue was gone.

Thank you one more time for your help.

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Awesome, glad you got it working!

ajeje93
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi, we had the same issue in our solution. Is there a way to add the locale to a Javascript query or it can be done only in Java?

Thank you.

fedorow
Senior Member II
ajeje93
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, the second link solved the issue.