cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfoster
Member II

Direct audit logs to a file

Jump to solution

Is there an easy, documented way to enable audit logging to a file instead of the database? I've read the Admin guide around auditing, but apart from actually enabling logging in the global-properties file, I've found nothing to help accomplish this. All of the documentation is gear towards java developers, which I'm not, instead of Systems Admins. Basically what I want to do is get the audit logs into files to forward to a Splunk indexer. There are basically two articles on the whole internet that talk about something similar, but they don't say exactly how they enabled it. The closest I've come to find is here [1].

This is Community Edition 5.0. Any suggestions?

[1] Scale Audit & Reporting with a NoSQL Architecture 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Direct audit logs to a file

Jump to solution

There is no such functionality that could be configured in the out-of-the-box Alfresco platform. The slides you have found talk about specific, custom implementation to enable this. Without Java implementation you won't get to the point you want to get to.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

There is no such functionality that could be configured in the out-of-the-box Alfresco platform. The slides you have found talk about specific, custom implementation to enable this. Without Java implementation you won't get to the point you want to get to.

mfoster
Member II

Jump to solution

From listening to that presentation and looking at the slides, it sounded like you could just drop an xml file into the extensions directory and Alfresco would just automically pick that up. I've found a audit-services-context.xml file here [1] and I think that's what they reference in the presentation. However, my attempts at dropping this file in cause Alfresco to not be able to authenticate me.

[1] community-edition-old/audit-services-context.xml at master · Alfresco/community-edition-old · GitHub