cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayushi_agrahari
Active Member II

Disable Remember password popup while login

Hi all,

I want to disable the remember password popup while doing the login in alfresco due to security purposes.I know that this can be done in the browser settings but is there any other method of disabling the remember password popup while login through code.

Thanks and Best Regards

Ayushi Agrahari

3 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: Disable Remember password popup while login

There are some ways of doing it.You can find information on disabling remember password popup on below link.

jquery - How to disable Chrome's saved password prompt setting through JavaScript - Stack Overflow 

You need to customize/extend login.get.html.ftl for this.

afaust
Master

ayushi_agrahari
Active Member II

Hi Krutik,

I have read the above link given by you and tried all the approaches given in the link.

I have customized the login.get.html.ftl file and the only thing that worked for me is that when I have changed the password input field to text type,it won't ask to save the password and then change the text type to bullets by using the css property 

-webkit-text-security:disc;

This is beause on certain research,I have found that the browser asks to save the password if it finds the input type to be of password type.

I have done the following changes in login.get.html.ftl file

<style>       #password{           -webkit-text-security:disc;       }   </style>   <div class="form-field">
<input type="text" id="${el}-username" name="username" maxlength="255" autocomplete="off"
   value="<#if lastUsername??>${lastUsername?html}</#if>" placeholder="${msg("label.username")}" />
</div>

<div class="form-field">
<input type="text" id="password" name="password" maxlength="255" placeholder="${msg("label.password")}" />
</div>

This approach is working fine for chrome because -webkit-text-security:disc; property only works for chrome,not for mozilla.

In mozilla,it is not asking to save the password but since we have changed the input type of password to text type,the password is appearing as text,but not in bullet form.

So,Is there any css property that would convert the text type to be in bullet form that works for all the browsers..

Thanks and Best Regards

Ayushi Agrahari