Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nettania
Active Member II

Distribute Sites to multiple repository "folders"

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am currently evaluating Alfresco and I am wondering if there is a possibilty to create multiple "Sites" folders in the repository? I am interested in creating a dropdown hierarchy with multiple Site "folders". I need one Site "folder" for our customer records, one for internal company sites (Management, Administration, Documentation,...). For sure I could create in the site folder multiple sites an restrict access to it, but if we access via webdav or sharepoint it's confusing if you have a list of 300 folders below the site folder.

Thanks,

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Distribute Sites to multiple repository "folders"

Jump to solution

There is no support in Alfresco for storing sites in different / multi-level folders independent of the default Sites folder with its flat hierarchy. There might be a technical way to achieve something like what you outlined, but it would involve circumventing some of the core automatisms / guards that protect sites. It is technically possible to move a site from the Sites folder into an arbitrary structure within the Repository and modify permission setup / inheritance to use that structure for default visibility inheritance (instead of the default "visible for all"), and use secondary child associations to link the site back into the Sites folder so that all default functionality works without a problem (e.g. Share UI / dashboard configuration). I have never tried myself and would not really recommend it, but from other customisations I have done in the past, I am perfectly certain it would be feasible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

There is no support in Alfresco for storing sites in different / multi-level folders independent of the default Sites folder with its flat hierarchy. There might be a technical way to achieve something like what you outlined, but it would involve circumventing some of the core automatisms / guards that protect sites. It is technically possible to move a site from the Sites folder into an arbitrary structure within the Repository and modify permission setup / inheritance to use that structure for default visibility inheritance (instead of the default "visible for all"), and use secondary child associations to link the site back into the Sites folder so that all default functionality works without a problem (e.g. Share UI / dashboard configuration). I have never tried myself and would not really recommend it, but from other customisations I have done in the past, I am perfectly certain it would be feasible.

nettania
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks, for the information. I will try to use another organizsation approach.

Florian