Document actions based on user rights/role

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zputnoky
Established Member

Document actions based on user rights/role

Is there a way to limit the available document actions (shown in document-browse or document-details view) based on user role or access rights?

Regards,

Zsolt Putnoky

23 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Document actions based on user rights/role

Yes, and it is already being done by default. If you read Jeff Potts' tutorial on custom actions, you'll read about the basic configuration to restrict actions based on permissions.

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Axel,

I know it is done by default, tested it yesterday. Here is what I need to be able to do. A folder manager or contributor should be able to change properties and run some custom actions we developed, the users with read only or collaborator rights should be able to read the documents and do nothing else.

I will check the link later today, hope I will be able to use it.

Regards,

Zsolt Putnoky

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Axel,

Read the doc you proposed and got few questions. I would like to remove almost all the OOTB document actions regardless the user assinged role in the site or in the folder. To do this, do I need to modify the share-config-custom.xml by creating an entry for each action to be removed for each role type? It is a copy/paste operation once the initial set is done, but I am wondering whether a more simple solution exist?

Regards,

Zsolt Putnoky

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Angel,

Thanks alot, will check it out today!

Regards,

Zsolt Putnoky

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Angel,

A question, am I able to select which action is visible and which is not?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee
zputnoky
Established Member

now I just need to learn how to modify/tune/compile your code Smiley Happy

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Angel,

Had a look on the code and I am not sure this would do what I am looking for. Here is the issue we would like to fix in our proof-of-concept implementation: using the default OOTB document actions, we would like to create a custom, corporate wide document action group for each user role. Then check the role assigned to the logged in user for a given site and show only those actions which are in the corresponding group.

I tried to create a chained evaluator, which removed the action, but for all users, searched the forum but found nothing.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Regards,

Zsolt Putnoky