Document upload or view size limitations.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saigop
Member II

Document upload or view size limitations.

Am using Alfresco 5.2 community edition in CentOS 7. I have uploaded a word document of about 4 MB, If I upload in doc format all are good, both uploading and vieweing in viewer. 

The same document if I upload in docx format, I get a following error when I upload - ERROR [repo.action.AsynchronousActionExecutionQueueImpl] [defaultAsyncAction8] Failed to execute asynchronous action: Action[ id=c8cf767d-4b61-458a-8246-c451754620a9, node=null ]: 09283099 Unsupported transformation: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document to application/pdf
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 09283108 Creation of thumbnail 'doclib' failed

even though there is a error, the document gets uploaded, and when I try to view, I get a error like this -  ERROR [extensions.webscripts.AbstractRuntime] [http-apr-8080-exec-4] Exception from executeScript: 09290002 The content node was not specified so the content cannot be streamed to the client: classpath*:alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repository/thumbnail/thumbnail.get.js
org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.WebScriptException: 09290002 The content node was not specified so the content cannot be streamed to the client: classpath*:alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repository/thumbnail/thumbnail.get.js

Did some Google search, and I see I need to override some parameters in alfresco-global.properties file, which I added these parameters,

content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.txt.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=5120
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.doc.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=10240
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.docx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=10240
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.docm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=768
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.dotx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=768
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.dotm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=768
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.ppt.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=6144
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.pptx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.pptm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.ppsx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.ppsm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.potx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.potm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.ppam.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.sldx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.sldm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.vsd.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=4096
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.xls.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=10240
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.xlsx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=1536
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.xltx.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=1536
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.xlsm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=1536
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.xltm.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=1536
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.xlam.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=1536
content.transformer.OpenOffice.mimeTypeLimits.xlsb.pdf.maxSourceSizeKBytes=1536

still I have the same error. 

Also I see my libreoffice is running and my soffice is running.

Moroever I tried to edit in transformer.properites file in the alfresco-repository.x.x.jar file, still no luck. 

Now I have a question is this a limitation on community edition? Please advice. 

Thanks. 

4 Replies
jljwoznica

Re: Document upload or view size limitations.

I will try to confirm, but the documentation states only .doc is supported (https://docs.alfresco.com/community/references/valid-transformations-preview.html). 

heiko_robert

Your problem is not the office doc size limit. The defined transformer uses a so called complex transformation from docx to pdf and from pdf to png (doclib) for the thumbnail in the folder listing. Something on that path is failing and the error states that the last transformation isn't getting the expected bytes.

I suggest you install https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/ootbee-support-tools an check/use the transformer test page or you increase logging and check which transformer fails.

A common trap is that ImageMagic denies reading and writing on pdfs by policy. So you may change that policy in the  ImageMagic policy.xml

saigop
Member II

Hi @heiko_robert 

I tried to install the support tools, but it looks like it suppots only for Enterprise, and I get a error on the deployment. Not sure this works for community edition of alfresco 5.2. 

Regards

heiko_robert

The OOTB version of the support tools definitly run on alfresco CE 5.2. Please follow the link above.