cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramprasad
Member II

Documentation on Aspects

Jump to solution

Is there a place where I can get descriptions of OOTB Aspects? I found definitions in the 5.2 documentation for only a few. There are aspects like Permissionable, Partable, etc that are not present in that section. Looked at the contentModel.xml file as well but the descriptions are not there. Is there any other location where I can find this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Documentation on Aspects

Jump to solution

AFAIK there are no "more detailed" descriptions of most aspects. Some of the aspects in the contentModel.xml are related to features the old Explorer UI had, which are no longer available after its removal. Some are used as internals for functionalities, e.g. like rating. And then a large sub-set is mainly there as generic, sample model elements which are not tied to any functionality and could be used just as simple, semantic models, e.g. "Summarisable" which only adds a single property to hold a summary text for a specific content item.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
muralidharand
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Can you please share the documentation link?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

AFAIK there are no "more detailed" descriptions of most aspects. Some of the aspects in the contentModel.xml are related to features the old Explorer UI had, which are no longer available after its removal. Some are used as internals for functionalities, e.g. like rating. And then a large sub-set is mainly there as generic, sample model elements which are not tied to any functionality and could be used just as simple, semantic models, e.g. "Summarisable" which only adds a single property to hold a summary text for a specific content item.

ramprasad
Member II

Jump to solution

Ok Thanks. I was hoping to find documentation  in case the aspects had special behavior.