Does bootstrap content model override existing alf_data content model?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartech11
Active Member II

Does bootstrap content model override existing alf_data content model?

I have currently boostrapped my model and deployed my jars in my local environment.

I have a production environment on which the content model has already been loaded via the Share UI and is present in the database.

If the content model was created via share UI and resides in  alf_data (database), when I bootstrap the same model with additional changes, will the bootstrap override what ever was there in alf_data that was initially uploaded via share UI. If say an aspect already existed would it cause any issues?

3 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Does bootstrap content model override existing alf_data content model?

If the same aspect is defined in different ways (for instance Model Manager and bootstrapped JAR) Alfresco will complain when starting and it will not start.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
kartech11
Active Member II

I already have a alfresco production system that has the content model defined via the Model Manager. I also have documents uploaded against the model. 

My bootstrapped model is similar with additional properties within my aspects. So how should I go about this so that I can deploy my bootstrapped model.

Going forward it will always be via my bootstrapped model once it has been deployed. 

Please can you let me know  how I can go about this?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

If using Model Manager at PROD to include your additional properties is not an option, safer alternative is to download all your uploaded documents against the model to be re-uploader later. Once you have remove the model with Model Manager Tool and re-started your Alfresco with the bootstrapped model.

Hyland Developer Evangelist