Does the enterprise edition and community edition share the same source code in alfresco repository?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherrycheek
Member II

Does the enterprise edition and community edition share the same source code in alfresco repository?

Jump to solution

I want to use the Community Edition in Oracle ,I have transformed the sql in xml to Oracle supported.

But i want to know if there is anything special is Source code?

Such as  NodeDAOImpl, there is a MYSQL and a MSSQL  inner class, I want to know if

there should be an Oralce innerClass in the NodeDAOImpl class of Enterprise Edition? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Does the enterprise edition and community edition share the same source code in alfresco repository?

Jump to solution

Enterprise Edition uses 100% of the Community Edition source code and only adds a couple of classes upon it for its exclusive features (cluster, cloud, admin etc). MS SQL is already an Enterprise-specific feature but since NodeDAOImpl is part of the core, that specific nested class is part of the core (available to Community) even though MS SQL is not supported for it. That would be the same for Oracle or DB2 if they required special classes, but they don't - as well as PostgreSQL doesn't have a special class in Community Edition either.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Does the enterprise edition and community edition share the same source code in alfresco repository?

Jump to solution

Enterprise Edition uses 100% of the Community Edition source code and only adds a couple of classes upon it for its exclusive features (cluster, cloud, admin etc). MS SQL is already an Enterprise-specific feature but since NodeDAOImpl is part of the core, that specific nested class is part of the core (available to Community) even though MS SQL is not supported for it. That would be the same for Oracle or DB2 if they required special classes, but they don't - as well as PostgreSQL doesn't have a special class in Community Edition either.

cherrycheek
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you! That helps a lot!