cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghunandangowd
Active Member II

Doubt in LDAP AD Integration: Flow of Work

Hey guys,

I stuck in LDAP-AD Integration since I'm new to alfresco.

Please confirm me the work flow which I've done is whether right or wrong.

In the first,

1. Added the authentication-chain in alfresc-global.properties file.

2. Created a ldap-authentication.properties file and ldap-authentication-context.xml file under the [C:\alfresco-community\tomcat\webapps\alfresco\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\subsystems\Authentication\ldap-ad\ldap-ad1] folder.

So, my doubt is should I add any files other than the above properties files and xml file.

4 Replies
pradip
Member II

Re: Doubt in LDAP AD Integration: Flow of Work

Hey

Perform Following step to correct your work flow.

1.Create alfresco-global.properties under the [C:\alfresco-community\tomcat\shared\classes] folder.
            - add following snippet in alfresco-global.properties.
               #LDAP
               ldap.enabled=true
               authentication.chain=alfrescoNtlm1:alfrescoNtlm,ldap-ad1:ldap-ad

2. Create ldap-ad-authentication.properties under the [C:\alfresco-community\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension\subsystems\Authentication\ldap-ad\ldap-ad1] folder.
      - add appropriate configuration for ldap-ad server in ldap-ad-authentication.properties.

Thanks,
Pradip

afaust
Master

Some of these recommendations are not correct.

• you do not need the ldap.enabled=true property in alfresco-global.properties
  • if you specify ldap-ad1:ldap-ad in the authentication chain, then the path in step 2 needs to be [installRoot]/tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension\subsystems\Authentication\ldap-ad\ldap-ad1 (if you were to specify ldap1:ldap then the path would be correct)
  • the name of the file in step 2 can be anything, as long as the file extension is ".properties"
raghunandangowd
Active Member II

Please look into this link sir. I've shared in another link. Sorry forgot to attach the link in above link.

raghunandangowd
Active Member II

Hi,

Please have a look in this link sir.    

I mentioned descriptively.  Smiley Happy

Any help appreciated.