Download as zip does not download all files from sub-folders from a document library

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SG
Member II

Download as zip does not download all files from sub-folders from a document library

II log into Alfresco/Share UI as Admin (with all the admin privileges).

I go to a given document library.

I click on "download as zip". 

It does NOT download all the files in the zip.

It has nothing to do with the permission to download (as the logged-in user has the highers privilege and access to all the folders).

It has nothing to do with any time-out of connection, or data to be zipped, as the process takes only takes 2-3 seconds, and the size of the files under the document library is small.

However, on a consistent basis, a few of the files under the document library do not become a part of the zip folder downloaded. On every attempt to download the files from a given document library, a specific set of files are not downloaded inside the zip file.

For example, a document library has a total of 6 files under sub-directories. With every attempt to download, only 4 files make it.

I also tried it from a different document library, but from the same site with all the files with the correct access rights. Out of 230 files in the sub-folders of the document library, 71 were made a part of the zip file.

Again, there is no issue with access rights and connection time-out. The files indeed get downloaded (small number such as 4 out of 6, or a higher number such as 71 out of 230, but it seems that the download as the zip is not traversing through all the sub-folders in the document library.

Is there another way to download all the files from Alfresco/Share UI from a given document library?

1 Reply
jpotts
Professional

Re: Download as zip does not download all files from sub-folders from a document library

Why not just use Java, Groovy, or Python and come at it remotely via CMIS?

Jeff