download.cleaner

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasslehoff
Member II

download.cleaner

Hi everyone, I have an Alfresco 5.0 community instance which is consuming a lot of disk space on the contentstore directory.
I noticed its space grown significantly during the last days where some user downloaded a lot of data using the "download as zip" feature.
Searching online I found this could be the cause, and I found a couple of thread here on the Alfresco hub about this (for example this one).

A couple of days ago I added these parameters to my alfresco-global.properties file and restarted Alfresco but nothing changed, and searching on the catalina.out file I found no evidence of some sort of scheduled clean activity.

download.cleaner.startDelayMins=60
download.cleaner.repeatIntervalMins=60
download.cleaner.maxAgeMins=60

First questione: is there any way to check if my space is occupied by these temporary "nodes" created by the "download as zip" feature?
How can I get rid of them or check why the downloader.cleaner parameters seems to not do anything?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion and sorry if I made noob questions, it's my first time with Alfresco Smiley Wink

1 Reply
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: download.cleaner

Hi @Tasslehoff & welcome to Alfresco!

You might find this thread useful - although bear in mind it is dealing with 5.2 not 5.0. This thread has some information about how Alfresco handles content life cycle.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!