Download documents of a search result

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfriedel
Member II

Download documents of a search result

I frequently have the case that I have to search for a set of documents. Searching for them works just fine, but what I am not able to do is to save/download them all at once.

Is there a way to download all (or at least multiple) documents of a search result ?

Currently I open each document in a separate tab and download them individually.

4 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: Download documents of a search result

In the search results page, each row has an "Actions" button. If you click it, the first item in the list is "Download". So you can download without opening the result in a separate tab.

At the top of the search results page there is a selection box. And, each search result has a check box. If you select all or use the checkboxes to select what you want, you can then choose Selected Items, Download as Zip.

This assumes Share 5.2.

cesarista
Customer

Additionally to Jeff Potts‌' comment, and also assuming 5.2, just to say that Smart folders have also "Download as Zip" action, so if your search is specific enough, you may configure it as an smart query, and then simply to use the cited action.

Regards.

--C.

itamar_uit
Active Member II

Jeff Potts‌ I had a problem with ZIP download when i used top button > Slect all, Download ZIP:

Results: 682

The zip created have less file than my result. 

ZIP: 25 items.

Sometimes he got the same number of items loaded in form, sometimes less.

Is it a bug of version 5.2 (2017-07 setup Windows x64) Community?

jpotts
Professional

Sorry, I have no idea whether or not that is a bug, but it certainly seems like strange behavior. Trying to zip up 682 files, some of which might be large, is probably not a good idea, though.