Dynamic rendering of Aspects (and its properties) based on a property change in Edit Properties Form?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepak1987
Active Member II

Dynamic rendering of Aspects (and its properties) based on a property change in Edit Properties Form?

Hi All,

I'm looking for approaches or Code Samples to customize Edit Properties Form behavior based on a property change.

Consider Aspect A has Property A1 (Dropdown type), and this is shown under Edit Properties Form by default.

When the value of Property A1 is set to 'Charges', then this would drive Aspect C to dynamically appear for additional Properties related to Charges.

And, if the value of A1 is changed from 'Charges' to 'Payments', then Aspect C would be removed and instead Aspect P would appear. So, in other words, the value of a Property under one Aspect drives the dynamic display of one-to-many other Aspects on the Edit Properties form. 

Please provide your thoughts on this with  Code Samples if possible.

Thanks.

Deepak

5 Replies
deepak1987
Active Member II

Re: Dynamic rendering of Aspects (and its properties) based on a property change in Edit Properties Form?

Francesco Corti‌ Can you please provide your thoughts on this?

Thanks.

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Dynamic rendering of Aspects (and its properties) based on a property change in Edit Properties Form?

Hi Deepak,

I think you can reach the goal using the behaviours.
Behaviours / Policies | Alfresco Documentation 

I hope this will help you.

deepak1987
Active Member II

Francesco Corti‌: Thanks for your reply.

I'm looking for the dynamic rendering of Aspect properties and it's value based on a property change. With Behaviour, the properties need to be applied on the node first then only it will render the aspect props but I'm looking for this rendering before it's saved on the node. 

Thanks.

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

I'm not aware about and easy way to do it.
The only way I have in mind is to develop something on the client side, but I discourage from doing this.
If someone else has any other suggestion... please share it here.

sonakshiagarwal
Member II

Hi all,

Alfresco linked form fields - YouTube 

Can anybody give their suggestion in implementing this customisation to display different number of fields based on selected value of a drop-down.?