cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mazureka
Member II

Edit in Microsoft Office - read-only in Word problem

Hi,

we are using Alfresco 6.0.7 and option for editing in  Office 365 Word opens documents in read-ony mode. Excel works fine. We tried in Word 2016 and it worked ok, but specifiction says that 365 should also work... Then we tried version 6.1.1  and it works the same . We have version 18  of Ofiice 365 ..does it need to be 16?

If so are there any plans to upgrade this functionality so that it works with higher version?

Regards,

Aleksandra Mazurek

9 Replies
mazureka
Member II

Re: Edit in Microsoft Office - read-only in Word problem

Correction , we also tried that on 6.2

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @mazureka,

Are you on a mac or windows? There's a long thread about this, with a particular focus on Macs - which I now see you're aware of! Also, take a look at the supported platforms for 6.0.

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
mazureka
Member II

It is actually both, I'am using Windows but my collegue tested that on Mac, the Mac version of 365 is 16.35, and again i see in https://docs.alfresco.com/aos/concepts/aos-prereqs.html that it says that it should be 15...

So i quess that downgrading is the only option?

And again, is there an upgrade pllanned for that in upcoming future? Or some quick fix that we could do on 6.2?

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @mazureka,

This is a known issue introduced by Office 365 upgrades. At this time there is no workaround but it is on our roadmap - sorry can't put any timeframes on this.

mazureka
Member II

I understand that there is no precise date but can  you tell me if October this year is in range of high possibility Smiley Happy

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @mazureka,

Sorry, that's the only information I have on this at the moment. If that changes, I'll update this thread.

Cheers, 

Bambillo
Member II

Our office doesn't even use MS Office. From the very beginning, I've had libra, Trello, and work time installed. There were no problems. Maybe you should also switch to libra?

AmineÖzil

Hello,

Is there any news about this issue ?

Tomasz
Member II

Any news about possible solution ? Word opens files without problem but Excel always in read-only, both 2016 and 2021 version.