Edit online unlocks document after 10 minutes (MacOS, Alfresco 5.2)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llzwerg
Member II

Edit online unlocks document after 10 minutes (MacOS, Alfresco 5.2)

Jump to solution

Hi all,

we have an issue in Alfresco 5.2 when editing office documents online with MS Office for Mac (version 16.9)

After 10 minutes, no matter if I am working in the file or leave it idle, the file gets unlocked in Alfresco, so other users don't see that I am working on it.

Also when saving the file, it looks at first as if it was saved, but the file is not updated in Alfresco. Only when opening the file again (what may be days later) I get a message in Word that I have local changes which have not been synchronized with Alfresco.

Did anyone else experience this behaviour and has a workaround / solution (except offline editing, what will not be accepted by our employees)?

Cheers,

Timo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Edit online unlocks document after 10 minutes (MacOS, Alfresco 5.2)

Jump to solution

This is a known issue, see MNT.18443 which addresses this for the (Enterprise-only) AOS version 1.1.7... Based on my analysis for a different customer, Alfresco is not replying correctly to lock requests from Office. Office requests a 10 minute lock but the response states a hardcoded lock life of 168 hours or so, even if the underlying lock has been granted with the correct timeout. I guess based on the incorrect result, Office simply does not send the request to refresh the lock, since it believes it will stay alive for a long time...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Edit online unlocks document after 10 minutes (MacOS, Alfresco 5.2)

Jump to solution

This is a known issue, see MNT.18443 which addresses this for the (Enterprise-only) AOS version 1.1.7... Based on my analysis for a different customer, Alfresco is not replying correctly to lock requests from Office. Office requests a 10 minute lock but the response states a hardcoded lock life of 168 hours or so, even if the underlying lock has been granted with the correct timeout. I guess based on the incorrect result, Office simply does not send the request to refresh the lock, since it believes it will stay alive for a long time...