cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ced11
Member II

Editing File with Android - Alfresco Content Services

Hi,

is it possible to edit the files from the app on android and make the round-trip? that is, directly edit the file and save it. If so with which editing app?

Thanks

4 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Editing File with Android - Alfresco Content Services

Hi @Ced11 

There is an Android app and there is a little explanation of the functionality here. But, depending on the file type, yes you can. The easiest way to find out is via a cloud trial.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Ced11
Member II

i installed android app, but it doesn't allow you to save back to update the file you are editing. Is there any app in particular that supports the save back function or is it a limitation of the community edition?
Thanks for the reply

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @Ced11 

I don't believe there are restrictions regarding community version. Here's a short tutorial about setting it up.

You can create text documents using the app. However, I'm not sure that it supports inline editing but you can edit document properties inline. I think the normal use case is as follows: 

Choose a compatible app on your device to open a file in. When you've edited the file save it in the app you’re using for editing, and any changes will be applied to the file in Alfresco Content Services.

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Ced11
Member II

I also weighed this, but it doesn't work or the file remains locally on the device.
If I do share and choose Alfresco content, I have to rename the file as it cannot be overwritten.

From Alfresco documents still to 2012, I notice that there was the QuickOffice App that supported Alfresco and allowed Save Back by updating the document. Unfortunately, QuickOffice no longer exists and the various WPSOffice etc .. save only locally or do not update the document.
Isn't there an Android app currently that supports integration with Alfresco Content? like the former quickoffice?

Thanks so much for your support EddieMay