Editing in Microsoft Office only works once per document

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreww
Member II

Editing in Microsoft Office only works once per document

We successfully enabled editing for Microsoft Office and I was able to open a Word document and then edit it. The edit is shown in Alfresco when I refresh and it shows as a new version. When I try and edit again, it opens the document in Word, but now it is a read only version that does not contain my last edit. I tried to edit offline and that worked, and I uploaded a new version. I just can't edit a second time in Word. It looks like it might be seeing the document version 1.0 only, which might explain why it is read only, since it is an old version. Any idea what is happening and how to fix it?

This is the version we are using:

Alfresco Share v5.1.f
(r125711-b6, Aikau 1.0.63, Spring Surf 5.1.f, Spring WebScripts 6.5, Freemarker 2.3.20-alfresco-patched, Rhino 1.7R4-alfresco-patched, Yui 2.9.0-alfresco-20141223)
Alfresco Community v5.1.0
(r127059-b7) schema 10001
3 Replies
mrks_js1
Established Member II

Re: Editing in Microsoft Office only works once per document

is the file still locked after you have saved it? there usually is a grey header/information bar near the document title. 

andreww
Member II

When I first edit the document it does lock it and the lock is released after I finish editing. When I try to edit again using Edit in Microsoft Office, there is not a lock and the file is read only and does not show the previous edits. If I use the Edit Offline option there is also a lock until I cancel or upload the new version.

davidmfdc
Partner

Any solution for this? I have the same issue