cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahuld
Active Member II

Email Configuration in Alfresco 5.2.f

Jump to solution

How do set email configurations for alfresco 5.2.f? I tried setting up inbound and outbound setting provided in the documents. I am using gmail to test them out. Can someone clearly mention the steps required to send and receive mails?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rahuld
Active Member II

Re: Email Configuration in Alfresco 5.2.f

Jump to solution

I cracked it myself, documentation in the alfresco is perfect, we need to change some settings in the google so that it allows to send emails.

Here is the link. Let less secure apps access your account - Google Account Help 

Thanks, mates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Check out Alfresco docs for outbound config, gmail is one of the examples:

Outbound SMTP configuration properties | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards.

--C.

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

The docs for both inbound and outbound are pretty clear and there are a number of videos and posts around the net that also explain it. Rather than ask us to duplicate those steps here, maybe you could say where you are stuck, what error messages you are seeing, or what you are having trouble with?

rahuld
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Yup.

I configured properties as specified in the documentation.

He is the error what i do after that.

2018-09-25 09:56:43,876 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.action.executer.MailActionExecuter] [http-apr-8080-exec-6] Failed to send email to doddamani.rahul@gmail.com : org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 587;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 587;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?; message exceptions (1) are:
Failed message 1: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 587;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

rahuld
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I have created an outbound smtp configuration and created a new site and added assigned the user to it, which should trigger the mail to the user inviting him to the site.

Following are the properties which i have set.

### E-mail site invitation setting ###
notification.email.siteinvite=true

# Sample Gmail settings
mail.host=smtp.gmail.com
mail.port=587
mail.username=rahuld9021@gmail.com
mail.password=********
mail.protocol=smtps
mail.smtps.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtps.auth=true

rahuld
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I cracked it myself, documentation in the alfresco is perfect, we need to change some settings in the google so that it allows to send emails.

Here is the link. Let less secure apps access your account - Google Account Help 

Thanks, mates.