cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axe75
Member II

Email outbound

Hi.
I'm trying to configure the sending of mail from my alfresco to notify users by mail when they are invited for example. I have configured the alfresco-global.properties file
like this:
mail.host=smtp.office365.com
mail.port= 587
mail.username= xxxxx@xxxx.fr
mail.password= xxxxx
mail.encoding=UTF-8
mail.protocol=smtps
mail.smtps.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtps.auth=true

But the mails are not transmitted to the users I can't find a log file to help me, do you have any indications?

Thank you in advance

2 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Email outbound

I see there is a space before the actual value in your mail.port, mail.username and mail.password property configuration. Not sure if you have put in same way in your alfresco-global.properties file. Please check if values are set correctly. 

It should be:

mail.host=smtp.office365.com
mail.port=587
mail.username=xxxxx@xxxx.fr
mail.password=xxxxx
mail.encoding=UTF-8
mail.protocol=smtps
mail.smtps.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtps.auth=true

In addition, enable step by step debug logging your code where you are trying to send emails. It will help you nail down the cause. If you are using org.alfresco.repo.action.executer.MailActionExecuter for sending emails, then add the following debug log config in your log4j.properties file:

log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.action.executer.MailActionExecuter=debug

log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.action.executer.ActionExecuterAbstractBase=debug

or

log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.action=debug 

This document provides all the confugurations related to Outbound smtp, FYR: https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/concepts/email-outboundsmtp-props.html

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
Axe75
Member II

Re: Email outbound

Thank you for your answer. It is possible that Outlook does not accept alfresco emails because when I go through gmail it works correctly.