Empty trashcan and timeouts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsck_awk

Empty trashcan and timeouts

I'm trying to empty a large trashcan (about 100 GB) in Alfresco Community Edition 5.1.e, but all I get (using Alfresco Share) is "Failed to recover {0}".
The logs show:

2017-09-11 12:07:00,007 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.RemoteClient] [ajp-apr-8009-exec-13] Exception calling (DELETE) http://localhost:8080/alfresco/s/api/archive/workspace/SpacesStore?alf_ticket=TICKET_xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2017-09-11 12:07:00,007 INFO  [org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.connector.RemoteClient] [ajp-apr-8009-exec-13] Error status 408 Read timed out
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

Solution seems to be increasing http.socket.timeout, as stated here:

[#ALF-18441] Read Timeout when delete big sites 

but that is for Alfresco 4.x. So the question is: What is the right way to fix this in Alfresco 5.1.e?

Thanks!

8 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: Empty trashcan and timeouts

I think, just the GUI is detached because of the timeout. The process that is emptying the trash can should still be working. You will just have to wait, deleting 100GB from the trash takes a long time.

afaust
Master

The right way to "fix" this would be by implementing a proper trashcan cleanup in Alfresco, e.g. that processes archived items in parallel / batches and provides progress feedback to the Share UI. One of the project ideas for the upcoming global virtual hack-a-thon is actually about better trash management.

mehe
Senior Member II

...yes, that would be the solution, many people are waiting for (including me :-) ) - a shame that I can't hack a the hack-a-thon - good luck and success to all

douglascrp
Advanced II

Me too 

Well, I used this script once to clean the trashcan limpeza lixeira alfresco.js · GitHub 

fsck_awk

I'm afraid that's not the case. I've waited more than 24 hours, but trash is still there...
Thanks anyway

fsck_awk

Seems promising; but I couldn't get to making it work. If I uncomment the "warn" statement and comment out the

"node.remove();" line, everything works. But when I uncomment the node.remove() call, it fails with:

500 Internal Error Stacktrace-Details: org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.WebScriptException: 08200013 Wrapped Exception (with status template): 08200084 Failed to execute script 'Javascript Console Script': Node does not exist: archive://SpacesStore/a138cfb8-2448-4535-9fa0-39e6bad63c5b (statusSmiley Frustratedtatus[id=41504changeTxnId=e85c48c1-84cd-4b9b-bf42-8f4a0fcd21b8, dbTxnId=27614, deleted=true]) at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractWebScript.createStatusException(AbstractWebScript.java:1138)

I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's caused by directories present in the trash...

douglascrp
Advanced II

Can you see the node archive://SpacesStore/a138cfb8-2448-4535-9fa0-39e6bad63c5b using the Node Browser?

fsck_awk

Just for the record...
I've "fixed" this issue by upgrading to 5.2 and enabling alfresco-trashcan-cleaner