Ensure that the 'dir.root' property 'C:\ALFRES~4\alf_data' is pointing to the correct data location.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kranthi
Active Member II

Ensure that the 'dir.root' property 'C:\ALFRES~4\alf_data' is pointing to the correct data location.

while I try to install the alfresco community 5.2 with MYSQL it is getting error like Ensure that the 'dir.root' property 'C:\ALFRES~4\alf_data' is pointing to the correct data location.

2017-11-16 15:10:33,853 ERROR [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] [localhost-startStop-1] CONTENT INTEGRITY ERROR: System content not found in content store: 'store://2017/5/4/16/42/03fe08e1-4d0d-4469-8d69-712c5af7f44b.bin'
2017-11-16 15:10:33,853 ERROR [repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker] [localhost-startStop-1] Ensure that the 'dir.root' property 'C:\ALFRES~4\alf_data' is pointing to the correct data location.
2017-11-16 15:10:33,853 ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] [localhost-startStop-1] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 10160016 Ensure that the 'dir.root' property 'C:\ALFRES~4\alf_data' is pointing to the correct data location.
at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.check(ConfigurationChecker.java:259)
at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker.access$0(ConfigurationChecker.java:198)
at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker$1$1.doWork(ConfigurationChecker.java:186)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationUtil.runAs(AuthenticationUtil.java:555)
at org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker$1.execute(ConfigurationChecker.java:182)

how to we will resolve this problem while installation.

7 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property 'C:\ALFRES~4\alf_data' is pointing to the correct data location.

You have existing data in the database that is pointing to a file on disk that could not be found. Either make sure that the listed property in alfresco-global.properties points to a directory in which that file exists, or reset / clear your database to start from a clean slate (if this is supposed to be a new / empty system).

kranthi
Active Member II

Re: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property 'C:\ALFRES~4\alf_data' is pointing to the correct data location.

need to clear total database or alf_content_url table. because I am using common data base where other my development tables are also exists.

afaust
Master

What? Every Alfresco instance should have its own, separate database / schema (can be same server, but properly isolated). Clearing only alf_content_url would never be sufficient. What other "development tables" also exist? Tables of Alfresco or are you putting in custom tables as well?

Clearing only alf_content_url will not work because those entries are referenced from alf_content_data, you cannot clear alf_content_data because those entries are referenced from alf_node_properties, and so on...

kranthi
Active Member II

some custom tables are there.ExSmiley Tongueortal is db where in that citizen tables along with alfresco tables.Now what I need to do.

afaust
Master

Well - then you'd need to manually drop the Alfresco tables only in the right sequence or with foreign key constraint validation disabled... There is a reason why it is not recommended to put custom tables in the same database / schema as the Alfresco tables. It is more difficult to handle administratively.

kranthi
Active Member II

one more doubt in this.can we use install alfresco setup in different systems with one single MYSQL ??. May be that's why I am this issue ??.

I want to install alfresco in multiple systems in our development team with common MYSQL.

afaust
Master

You can... Just configure the database connection in alfresco-global.properties accordingly and create a properly isolated schema / database inside your common MySQL server.