Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguduri
Member II

Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.

Jump to solution

After restarting the server where alfresco application got installed it stopped functioning. Ensured everything is fine with the tomcat and postgres but the issue didn't resolve, throwing CONTENT INTEGRITY ERROR. Attached the log file for the same. Version am using is 4.2.c. This application has been functioning from last couple of years without any problem and restarted the server where this application deployed several times in past also, but used to function without any issue. I did back up very long time ago, so I have to loose much of data if I go back and replace with my last backup.

From the community got to know that this integrity error occurs when there is inconsistency between databse and alf_data content, but am sure that except restarting the server did nothing. And  also followed the suggestion of similar instances i.e, changing the property index.recovery.mode to all modes i.e., FULL, AUTO, NONE but no resolution. Please suggest where to look for ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.

Jump to solution

Have you looked into /opt/alfresco-4.2.c/alf_data/contentstore ?

There should be some "Year" directories, beginning with the year of your installation until now.

If you have directories and files in there, you can check the consistency by comparing the content Urls in the DB table alf_content_url with the files in your content store.

If your are lucky, the missing files are in your old content store backup - most likely the system files are - and you can migrate (copy) the old and new contenstore.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.

Jump to solution

Have you looked into /opt/alfresco-4.2.c/alf_data/contentstore ?

There should be some "Year" directories, beginning with the year of your installation until now.

If you have directories and files in there, you can check the consistency by comparing the content Urls in the DB table alf_content_url with the files in your content store.

If your are lucky, the missing files are in your old content store backup - most likely the system files are - and you can migrate (copy) the old and new contenstore.

rguduri
Member II

Jump to solution

Cheers Martin, awesome. Gone through with the entries in database and found one of the year missing from alf_data. After putting everything in place, working like charm. Thanks again.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Some situations related with this problem may be:

- The mounted point for alf_data or contentstore was lost.

- alf_data directory was moved incorrectly.

- A backup was recovered incorrectly.

- A non coordinated backup was recovered.

- Permissions under alf_data/contentstore changed (not completelty sure..)

Regards.

--C.

mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I had a working-session with ‌ last week, which improved my understanding of the content store/db organization, so thanks to him Smiley Happy

rocklee44
Member II

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

I have similar issue , this is my Alfresco ECM production environment :

Alfresco community 5.0.b (installed all in one step - alfresco-community-5.0.b-installer-linux-x64.bin) at /opt/alfresco-5.0.b

Database : mysql-server-5.1.73-8.el6_8.x86_64

/opt/alfresco-5.0.b/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties

dir.root=/opt/alfresco-5.0.b/alf_data
dir.contentstore=/opt/contentstore

The production is running normally.
Backup steps :

- mysqldump database "alfresco"

- backup all directories /opt/alfresco-5.0.b and /opt/contentstore .

I tried to clone my ECM by copying "/opt/alfresco-5.0.b" and mysql db (not include "/opt/contentstore" because it is too big) to another server.

I just want to check if my backup can be restored (losing contentstore data is acceptable).

But my clone ECM doesn't work, I cannot login to ECM after starting and error log has:

Jan 05, 2018 8:44:19 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.alfresco.web.app.ContextLoaderListener
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 00050001 Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location

2018-01-05 08:44:29,902  ERROR [solr.tracker.AbstractTracker] [SolrTrackerScheduler_Worker-2] Tracking failed
 org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 00050001 GetModelsDiff return status is 404

I followed this article : Performing a full reindex with Solr | Alfresco Documentation to rebuild solr4 index but it still not work.
Can anyone give me some advices, thank you very much.

mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I never tried to restore alfresco without contentstore, because there are also (system) files alfresco needs to work.

Alfresco partially checks the content store integrity on startup. I think that there is a config parameter to disable this check. But I don't think this is a good idea - also the repository does not make much sense without content.

rocklee44
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply Martin Ehe,

In this case I attempt to update my ECM to latest version 201707 (community) so I want to test it first.
I tried google how to disable content store integrity check but no results. I think forcing restore alfresco with full content store integrity for testing is quite complex.

Beside, how should content store integrity checking be good enough ? What if there are some in consistences exist between my database and my content store ?  1, 2, 3 or some files exist in my db but no longer in content store ?
My ECM has run since 2014, the content store size becomes bigger year by year,so if I don't need data from 2014 and 2015 anymore , I should remove them from ECM first then let trashcan cleaner does the rest ?

mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I have some repositories that are using content stores > 3TB and used a script that checks the integrity by going through the alf_content_url table and the filesystem. That takes some time, so it runs only once a week. But this is good enough to restore eventually missing files from the backup.

When test-upgrading, I usually use - at least - the oldest contentstore directories, because most of the system-files are there. But if you used dynamic models, it's also possible that your model xml is stored in the content store (I think, but I never checked that).

Also parts of your sites system files are stored there. 

Cleaning up your repository before the upgrade is a good idea Smiley Happy. You can also delete the content store.deleted subdirs...  

By the way, how do you backup your content store? what about mounting an old backup as "Teststore" and fill it up with your newer files and dirs.

rocklee44
Member II

Jump to solution

Here my "hot" backup schedule - I use bacula to get files from ECM server to backup server:

- /opt/alfresco-5.0.b and /opt/contentstore are backup full on 6:00 AM every Sunday , incremental on 5:00AM from Monday to Saturday .

- "alfresco" mysql database is backup full on 2:00 AM every Sunday , incremental on 2:00 AM from Monday to Saturday (binary log is enabled).

So I guess : /opt/alfresco-5.0.b and /opt/contentstore full backups and "alfresco" mysql database dump file on Sunday are good enough for testing . My content store is about 350 GB and I think it's unfavorable , you know , have at least - the oldest content store for test-upgrading.

But I will try again, restore Sunday backups (including content store) to test server and see if it works.

Thank you very much Martin.