cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moro
Member II

Error editing doc with space in filename. Excel works

Hello everybody,

I think I've read every possible post and haven't found anything similar to my weird situation:

I've just set up Alfresco Community 5.1 on my Ubuntu 16.04 box. I've used this awesome script and now my share is available from the internet at https://docs.mydomain.com/share.

long story short, if I "edit in Microsoft Office"

1) "File name.xlsx" Excel shows up and edit my file

2) "FileName.docx" Word shows up and edit my file

3) "File Name.docx" Word complains saying "Unable to connect to 'https://docs.mydomain.com/alfresco/aos/Sites/sitename/documentLibrary/File%20Name.docx'. Check that webaddress is correct" (translating from italian localization).

Trying the third address with any web browser will let me download the file without any problem.

On the client I'm using Microsoft Office 2013 Standard on Windows 7 Pro.

Can you help me finding out my problem?

thank you

PS. opening the same file from Microsoft Word (File -> Open -> SharePoint) will let me edit the file without reporting errors...

3 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: Error editing doc with space in filename. Excel works

I could be wrong, but others have reported seeing problems with file names that contain spaces when running on Tomcat 8. I believe the Loftux install script uses Tomcat 8.

The Alfresco out-of-the-box installer uses Tomcat 7. Have you tried installing using the installer (or adjusting the Loftux install script) to use Tomcat 7 to see if that makes a difference?

moro
Member II

I've made the same test using a different browser and I found out that it's a chrome related problem.

Opening the same file in Internet Explore or Firefox works out of the box.

Could this be related to the npapi plugins blocked in chrome?
Am I the only one experiencing problems with chrome?

moro
Member II

I've recently upgraded my test box to 201701GA (Community - 5.2.0 (r134428-b13)), restoring my backup from the production box (5.1.g).

The problem seems now to be resolved. It could be related to an upgrade of the AOS module (from 1.1.3 to 1.1.5)...

Cool!