Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashokpivotal
Member II

Error handling in Administrator console with custom error page

Jump to solution

Hi,
I would like to show the custom error page configured in web.xml of alfresco web app for the 401 ,400 ,500 errors.
web.xml configuration :

<error-page>
		<error-code>401</error-code>
		<location>/errorPage.html</location>
	</error-page>
	<error-page>
		<error-code>500</error-code>
		<location>/errorPage.html</location>
	</error-page>
	<error-page>

Currently webscript errors in the admin console of alfresco thrown the exception in browser like below :

1) An error has occurred in the API: /alfresco/s/enterprise/admin.It responded with a status of 401 - Unauthorized.
Error Code Information: 401 - The request requires HTTP authentication.
Error Message: 03160008 Authentication failed for Web Script org/alfresco/enterprise/repository/admin/admin-root.get
Server: Alfresco Enterprise v5.2.5 (re0f49095-b17) schema 10,075
Time: Apr 16, 2021 12:26:53 PM

2)An error has occurred in the API: /alfresco/s/enterprise/admin.It responded with a status of 500 - Internal Error.
Error Code Information: 500 - An error inside the HTTP server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
Error Message: 03160012 User does not exist and could not be created: test
Server: Alfresco Enterprise v5.2.7 (.2 rde4c74f1-b29) schema 10,095
Time: Apr 16, 2021 3:31:43 AM

I have configured the custom error page in web.xml. but it's not working. how to show the custom error page while 401 ,500 thrown by alfresco?

401error.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JMRowland
Customer

Re: Error handling in Administrator console with custom error page

Jump to solution

We were about to submit a ticket, then one of our team members was able to access via Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge.  We are not sure what policies were applied to our Edge browsers, but we can finally connect.

We saw the issue during tests after our monthly patching and a second new security product was added to our linux servers in the past few weeks, so that is where we started troubleshooting.  We had fully regression tested everything in April and had not changed app configurations, so we jumped to the wrong source of evironmental changes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The web script framework has its own error / status template handling and does not fall back to the global servlet error page set via web.xml. See response status code templates (documentation)

JMRowland
Customer

Jump to solution

This error recently appeared when trying to log into the Alfresco 6.1 admin page.  Alfresco is still up and running and functional.  I am not aware of what RHEL 7 patch or a new security product that was recently installed.

An error has occured in the API: /alfresco/s/enterprise/admin.
It responded with a status of 401 - Unauthorized.
Error Code Information: 401 - The request requires HTTP authentication.
Error Message: 052115162 Authentication failed for Web Script org/alfresco/enterprise/repository/admin/admin-root.get
Server: Alfresco Enterprise v6.1.0 (r4bf3ddca-b67) schema 12,001
Time: Jun 21, 2021, 12:09:23 PM

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @JMRowland 

Have you raised a support ticket for this issue?

Cheers

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
JMRowland
Customer

Jump to solution

We were about to submit a ticket, then one of our team members was able to access via Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge.  We are not sure what policies were applied to our Edge browsers, but we can finally connect.

We saw the issue during tests after our monthly patching and a second new security product was added to our linux servers in the past few weeks, so that is where we started troubleshooting.  We had fully regression tested everything in April and had not changed app configurations, so we jumped to the wrong source of evironmental changes.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @JMRowland 

I'm pleased that it looks like you've resolved this issue. I will mark this as an accepted solution - let me know if that's no OK.

Cheers,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!