Error in sites manager in alfresco 5.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
udayakumar_p

Error in sites manager in alfresco 5.2

Jump to solution

Sites manager under admin tools is not working. Below error is thrown.

Caused by: org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.TemplateException: 01270323 Error during processing of the template 'The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> jsonUtils.encodeJSONString(x)  [in template "org/alfresco/repository/site/site-admin-sites.get.json.ftl" at line 4, column 15]  Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally null/missing, either specify a default value with myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthessis: (myOptionVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionVar.foo)??  The failing instruction (print stack trace for 3 more): ==> ${manager.firstName} auto-escaped  [in template "org/alfresco/repository/site/site-admin-sites.get.json.ftl" in macro "siteJSON" at line 19, column 52]'. Please contact your system administrator.      at org.alfresco.repo.template.FreeMarkerProcessor.process(FreeMarkerProcessor.java:234)      at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.AbstractWebScript.renderTemplate(AbstractWebScript.java:967)      at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.DeclarativeWebScript.renderFormatTemplate(DeclarativeWebScript.java:267)      at org.springframework.extensions.webscripts.DeclarativeWebScript.execute(DeclarativeWebScript.java:147)      ... 34 more Caused by: freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> jsonUtils.encodeJSONString(x)  [in template "org/alfresco/repository/site/site-admin-sites.get.json.ftl" at line 4, column 15]  Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally null/missing, either specify a default value with myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthessis: (myOptionVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionVar.foo)??  The failing instruction (print stack trace for 3 more): ==> ${manager.firstName} auto-escaped  [in template "org/alfresco/repository/site/site-admin-sites.get.json.ftl" in macro "siteJSON" at line 19, column 52]      at freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException.getInstance(InvalidReferenceException.java:98)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: Error in sites manager in alfresco 5.2

Jump to solution

Hi:

I have seen this issue sometime, and I found it related with one or more than one of your site managers with missing email fields (not set, or bad synced). As a walkaround fill the emails of all your site managers.

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

I have seen this issue sometime, and I found it related with one or more than one of your site managers with missing email fields (not set, or bad synced). As a walkaround fill the emails of all your site managers.

Regards.

--C.

udayakumar_p

Jump to solution

It worked. Thanks

udayakumar_p

Jump to solution

We restarted the server and the issue is happening again though there is no site manager without email.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Mmmm...check if ldap sync has deleted some email during restarting.

Regards.

--C.

Damir-Kovacevic

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I found that log give some clue what is the problem, like in error above ${manager.firstName}.

In my error I found this line ${item.siteInfo.description} auto-esc...

When I fill description for all my sites, list of site (Site Manager) in share app start works again.