Error message appears on People finder page when subscription service disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llavu

Error message appears on People finder page when subscription service disabled

We are using Alfresco Community Edition(5.2.g) and disabled the subscription service. After disabling the subscription service the Peopel finder page is throwing the error and would like to take your guidance to see how we can fix it. Thanks in Advance for your time to look into it and Happy Holidays.

Steps to reproduce
1. Installed fresh install of Alfresco 5.2.g
2. Logged in to Share as admin
3. Clicked on the People menu in the top bar to open People finder
4. Searched for any user eg admin - Search was performed as expected
5. updated alfresco-global.properties with subscriptions.enabled = false
6. Restarted Alfresco
7. Logged back into Share as admin
8. Went to People finder
9. Observed error message "Failure - Not Found"
10. Clicked on Ok on error message
11. Searched for any user eg admin - Search was performed as expected
404 while accessing this url (https://__:18490/share/proxy/alfresco/api/subscriptions/admin/following)

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Error message appears on People finder page when subscription service disabled

There is no Alfresco Community Edition 5.2.7 - that version number clearly points to an Enterprise Edition release. Community had versions like 5.2.a through 5.2.g, or alternatively, 2017XX-GA / 2017XX-EA if one used the bundled release announcement pages on the community platform (e.g. 201707-GA). Alfersco Community also has no capability to disable subscription service at runtime via Admin Console. If you are indeed using Alfresco Enterprise, I'd advise you to contact Alfresco Support.

llavu

Re: Error message appears on People finder page when subscription service disabled

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the confusion regarding version number, i intrepreted "g" as "7".  Yes you are right about disabling subscription service at run time with community edition. I didn't post the question properly...Sorry

In alfresco-global.properties, i disabled the subscription service by setting the "subscriptions.enabled" to false. Since then i have been facing the error message("Failure - Not Foun") in people finder page.