Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dareal
Member II

Error on authenticating and searching LDAP users in ACS community 6.2

Jump to solution

Hello everyone !

I'm facing a problem with LDAP user with ACS community version. I explain the problem.

I have installed : 

- ACS Community 6.2.0-ga

- Alfresco Search Service 1.4.0 on a debian 

I have setting up the alfresco properties file for authenticating with LDAP. When I start the server all seems to work perfectly. In the log (from catalina.out) I see the LDAP connection to server and the users importation. But all LDAP users cannot authenticate in alfresco.

When I search my ldap user via the API via Http (http://alfrescoservername/alfresco/s/api/people/{username} ), it return my user(s) in JSON format. But the enabled property of all ldap users are set to false.

An other problem : In the Admin Tool panel, when I click on groups then the search button I can see all my ldap group. But when I click on users and then search button it says " Error on load Element".  So I have checked the /localhost_access_log_XXX.txt log file. I see that in the Admin tool / users, when I click on search (user), it uses the api "people-entreprise" (alfresco/s/api/people-entreprise) and not "people" That's why I cannot find any user in the panel. I have try manualy the request in the browser (just replace people-entreprise by people : it show me my user)

So my questions are :

- Is it possible to enable automaticaly LDAP users on importation ?

- Can I change the api in Admin tool / User from "people-entreprise" to "people" when I use the search button ?

Your sincerely

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Error on authenticating and searching LDAP users in ACS community 6.2

Jump to solution

Hi @dareal & welcome to Alfresco!

As for your 2nd question - this is a known issue: see the 'Known Issues' in the release notes https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-hub/alfresco-community-edition-201911-ga-relea...

HTH.

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dareal & welcome to Alfresco!

As for your 2nd question - this is a known issue: see the 'Known Issues' in the release notes https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-hub/alfresco-community-edition-201911-ga-relea...

HTH.

dareal
Member II

Jump to solution

Hello !

Thank you @EddieMay for this link. It solved the problem. 

And for my first question I have found the solution: I have to set the parameter ldap.authentication.active to true

My ldap users are now see as active but they still cannot login.. I think the problem is somewhere else..

Thank you again.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dareal,

Glad that you've made progress & thanks for updating on what worked for you  - really helpful to other users.

All the best,

MrNico
Customer

Jump to solution

I have the same problem that they comment here, I cannot manage the users (I see that it is a known and reported problem, I suppose they will fix it soon)

But what worries me the most is the problem with authentication with active directory.

After many trials and errors, I have managed to login with users, but the funny thing is that I have to login with username@domain

When logging in with the user, and reviewing my profile, the "email" field is empty. But if I check the user through the API, it appears correctly