Error on login after configuring Alfresco with MySQL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lipsa

Error on login after configuring Alfresco with MySQL

I am trying from past two days to configure MySQL with alfresco community edition but the moment I changed that "alfresco.properties" file as per the given instruction, I get the following error on my Login screen : Your authentication details haven't bee

Edit : PLEASE use the text box for the question content, NOT the one for the title to provide your question. The title is limited to a certain number of characters and it looks like your question was truncated as a result.

6 Replies
janv
Alfresco Employee

Re: Error on login after configuring Alfresco with MySQL

What do you see in your alfresco console / logfile ? You will need to double-check the DB connection details & access to your DB.

Regards,

Jan

lipsa

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply. Actually I have made all required changes

in the alfresco.global.properties file as per the given instruction but

after the changes being made, I won't be able to login and got a error

message stating "Your authentication details have not been recognized or

Alfresco Content Services may not be available at this time."

I want to switch to MySQL from PostgreSQL.

jpotts
Professional

Do you already have data in Alfresco? If so, did you dump the MySQL database, convert it to PostgreSQL format, and then load it into a new PostgreSQL database? If you already have data you cannot simply change the properties file and restart. You have to migrate the data.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Hello.

I know about an old discussion on the topic of database migration, but it was from MSSQL into PostgreSQL, but I believe it can give you some ideas on what needs to be done.

Migrating from MSSQL to Postgresql  

It has some important tips you should read.

lipsa

I don't have any data.

jpotts
Professional

Okay, well that should make it very easy. How did you install Postgresql? Did you let the Alfresco installer install it or did you install it separately?

If you installed it separately were you able to connect to Postgres? Did you create the Alfresco database and make "alfresco" the owner? If so, were you able to connect to the database using the "alfresco" username and password? If all of that works, did you set the postgres credentials in alfresco-global.properties? Did you put the postgresql driver in the Tomcat lib directory?

If all of that is okay, then start up alfresco and look for exceptions in the log.