cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upforsin

Error while uploading many big files

Jump to solution

Hello,

I noticed that I can't simultaneously upload via Alfresco Share big (1,5GB) files from different computers(it is throwing an "error:quota exceeded" around 80% and logging out the user) . If only one PC is uploading, there is no problem. What's going on here?

Threre is nothing in logs.

I have nginx also configured installed but I have configured In main "http" tag:

client_max_body_size 0;

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
upforsin

Re: Error while uploading many big files

Jump to solution

Alright, the problem was with the Nginx web server (with Apache there might be the similar issue).

I have 2 disks - whole system is running on the small one and the alfresco with tomcat on the big one. While uploading a file nginx creates a temp file in the /var/lib/nginx/body/ which is located on my main disk and only after full upload it is moved to tomcat/tmp dir.

Solution:

In the nginx conf file set client_body_temp_path to another location.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

In a default Alfresco installation, the quota handling functionality is disabled, so errors like this should not happen unless you have explicitely enable quotas on your system. A different cause of this error might potentially be rooted in the available temporary disk space available to the Alfresco process. All uploads are buffered first on disk in the temp directory of Tomcat. If you have insufficient space for multiple concurrent uploads, then an error can be caused about "no space on disk". Check your Alfresco logs for detail messages - potentially, the "quota exceeded" message sent to the client is just misleading and there is a more proper message in the logs.

upforsin

Jump to solution

Well, I installed Alfresco with the help of loftuxab installation script. I didn't set any quota limits and I am almost sure that there is enough free space. Threre is nothing in alfresco.log, share.log, catalina.out files and /var/logs/, /opt/alfresco/log/ directories. I also added "system.usages.enabled=false" but it changed nothing.

EDIT. What might be the issue is the fact that I'm using two disks - one very small and the second (big) which is mounted to the /opt/alfresco directory. During an upload  Alfressco should use /opt/alfresco/tomcat/tmp directory but maybe it uses just /tmp directory which is small in size.

EDIT2. I noticed that uploaded files are uploaded (somewhere?) in the main disk and after completed upload they are moved to /opt/alfresco/tomcat/tmp directory.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
upforsin

Jump to solution

Alright, the problem was with the Nginx web server (with Apache there might be the similar issue).

I have 2 disks - whole system is running on the small one and the alfresco with tomcat on the big one. While uploading a file nginx creates a temp file in the /var/lib/nginx/body/ which is located on my main disk and only after full upload it is moved to tomcat/tmp dir.

Solution:

In the nginx conf file set client_body_temp_path to another location.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer