Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitabhb74
Member II

Exception thrown while trying to grab a reference to the folder

Jump to solution

Hi,

As i am trying to work through the sample code as provided in alfresco-developer-series-tutorials by Jeff Potts. I am facing a problem while creating content programmatically. This is occurring at the line where i am trying to grab a reference to the folder where we want to create the content.

public Document createTestDoc(String docName, String contentType) {
        Session session = getSession();
        Folder folder = (Folder) session.getObjectByPath("/" + getFolderName());

-----

-----

}

In the argument expected by the sample application I have tried to pass the default folder "SomeCo" as mentioned in the tutorial as well as some named folders as I see in the Alfresco ProjectLibrary but each time following exception is getting thrown -

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisObjectNotFoundException: Object not found: /SomeCo
    at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.convertStatusCode(AbstractAtomPubService.java:473)
    at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.read(AbstractAtomPubService.java:619)
    at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.getObjectInternal(AbstractAtomPubService.java:842)
    at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.ObjectServiceImpl.getObjectByPath(ObjectServiceImpl.java:628)
    at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.getObjectByPath(SessionImpl.java:554)
    at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.getObjectByPath(SessionImpl.java:532)
    at com.someco.cmis.examples.CMISExampleBase.createTestDoc(CMISExampleBase.java:93)
    at com.someco.cmis.examples.SomeCoCMISDataCreator.create(SomeCoCMISDataCreator.java:28)
    at com.someco.cmis.examples.SomeCoCMISDataCreator.main(SomeCoCMISDataCreator.java:24)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
romschn

Re: Exception thrown while trying to grab a reference to the folder

Jump to solution

When you say, under Documents, where exactly you are creating the folder? What I am saying is - click on Repository on top header and create a folder in it and test.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
romschn

Jump to solution

For a simple and quick test, create a folder under Repository. Use it's name while running the code and see if it works for you or not.

Hope this helps.

amitabhb74
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying. I have tried this by creating folder under Documents

but I have been getting same exception.

Regards

Amitabh

romschn

Jump to solution

When you say, under Documents, where exactly you are creating the folder? What I am saying is - click on Repository on top header and create a folder in it and test.

Hope this helps.

amitabhb74
Member II

Jump to solution

Many thanks for the input, this has solved my problem. Earlier I was trying

to create a folder within a document library for a sample site that I

created. However many thanks for your guidance.

Regards

Amitabh