cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyrose22
Active Member II

Expand query result in Node Browser

Hi guys,

How to expand the query result in the node browser? it says showing first 100 only? can anyone help me on this? And on the select query, what values will be use for the IN_TREE parameter? '

Example: SELECT * FROM cmis:document WHERE IN_TREE('5e9ad63d-a342-4cfd-a018-014e1d9e3905'). Will I choose any of these workspace to get to the right folder? which one? parent or reference? (Please see photo below) and 

I just want only to display thse pdf file items only. Can someone help me on this? (Please see photo below)

P.S

Im new here and Im confused on this node browser query. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

8 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Expand query result in Node Browser

See my response in your original question regarding the IN_TREE selector.

There is no way to expand the number of results in the node browser beyond the 100 items limitation. The purpose of the tool is to test queries and use queries to find a limited number of results from an administrator's perspective, i.e. to check the state of a specific node. As such you should probably refine your query to restrict the number of results a bit further.

Otherwise I would advise you to use the JavaScript Console addon to do any kind of more elaborate query + analysis operations.

cyrose22
Active Member II

Hi Sir ‌, I've already got the files  that I need, do I need to create an API to extract this file? or what steps will I do? Thanks

afaust
Master

What do you mean by "extract"? Do you want to download, archive or process them, or something else entirely? Or are you talking about the JavaScript Console addon and how to install it?

cyrose22
Active Member II

Yes, we want to download, archive those items. is there a possible way to do it?

afaust
Master

Not from the NodeBrowser itself. But if you were to scrape the results from that page and use a ReST API call to the downloads.post web script (/alfresco/s/api/internal/downloads) you could easily create a download archive. Alternatively, you could use the JavaScript Console to execute the same query via the root scope "search" object, create a temporary folder where you link all the results as children and then use the "export" action to export that folder as an ACP (Alfresco Content Package), which is a ZIP file containing metadata and content in a way that can be imported into another Alfresco system.

cyrose22
Active Member II

so it's still needed to work on API? Im a little bit confused about it sorry

afaust
Master

Apparently...

There is work needed to create new API. All you have to do is work with the existing API to achieve your goals / requirements. And I listed two approaches to work with the existing API to do what you have mentioned. Either use the internal ReST API (used primarily for the Share user interface) to have Alfresco create a ZIP archive as a new document / node which you can then download, or use the JavaScript API access to search, nodes and actions to create an ACP archive (again, as a new document / node which you can then download).

cyrose22
Active Member II

Ok sir ‌, Thanks for that I will do what u've advice Smiley Happy