Extended user attributes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkidder
Member II

Extended user attributes

Where do I find a list of extended user attributes and instructions on how to implement?

4 Replies
upforsin

Re: Extended user attributes

Hi @jkidder 

could you be more specific about what you want to do?

If you want to add new user attributes I recommend creating a custom aspect and behavior which will auto add a custom aspect to the new users. You would have to also override some Share code to make those custom aspect's metadata visible and editable.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
jkidder
Member II

Our Identity Team wants to add the AD GUID as one of the Alfresco attributes.

jkidder
Member II

Are there other details you need in order to guide me?

heiko_robert

please check this post: Is this possible on the Alfresco 6.0 Community Edition to Synchronize the Job Title and L... The you find all required infos how to extend the user profile and how to sync additional properties with ldap.

Unfortunately GUID and SID are binary attributes. There is no (out of the box) mechanism you could use to sync these since you would need to translate/parse the bytes into a readable string.

Having that said, your Identity Team may want to have a reliable, non modifyable key for a user for sync but there is no such thing except these binary attributes. This means for now and for Alfresco ldap sync a user name (sAMAccountName) or group name must not change on the AD or you would get a lot of trouble ...