Failed to install ACS via Ansible. Perhaps because of the Python version.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_vargas_hito
Member II

Failed to install ACS via Ansible. Perhaps because of the Python version.

Hi... I'm installing ACS using Ansible as per: https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/community/install/ansible/

I am doing the installation on a CentOS 7 server and I am signed with SUDO.

When executing the command:

[root@dalfresco alfresco-ansible-deployment-1.1.1]# ansible-playbook playbooks/acs.yml -i inventory_local.yml -e "@community-extra-vars.yml"

The following activities are displayed:

PLAY [Database Role]...
TASK [Gathering Facts]...
TASK [common : Include OS-specific variables]...
TASK [common : Include nexus credentials for local testing]...
TASK [common : Ensure a list of packages installed]...
TASK [common : Create alfresco group]...
TASK [common : Create alfresco user]...
TASK [common : Create binaries, configuration, data, logs and download folders]...
TASK [../roles/postgres : Include OS specific variables]...
TASK [../roles/postgres : Prepare package manager]...
TASK [../roles/postgres : Install rpm repository]...
TASK [../roles/postgres : Install packages] ************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******
fatal: [database_1]: FAILED! => {"msg": "[u'postgresql{{ dependencies_version.postgres_major_version }}-server', u'postgresql{{ dependencies_version.postgres_major_version }}', u\"python{{ '3' if ansible_python_version.split(' .')[0] == '3' }}-psycopg2\"]: the inline if-expression on line 1 evaluated to false and no else section was defined."}

PLAY RECAP ************************************************ ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************
database_1 : ok=10 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=0 rescued=0 ignored=0

It is the second time that I execute it, in the first it reported changes:

PLAY RECAP ************************************************ ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************
database_1 : ok=10 changed=4 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=0 rescued=0 ignored=0

And I installed Python 3 in case that was the problem, but no. The installation stops at the same point.

Any ideas how it can be fixed?

Thanks...

1 Reply
alxgomz
Alfresco Employee

Re: Failed to install ACS via Ansible. Perhaps because of the Python version.

Hi @a_vargas_hito,

This issue has been resolved in latest Ansible playbook: https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-ansible-deployment/commit/97a4ba938ec7e2b01b2dd88c6d0269ec48ec7...

Please use the newly released 2.0.0 version. Note 2.0.0 requires Ansible 2.12 and python 3 (from the top of my head)

Edit: I just realized the Community doc page has not been updated and still points to 1.1.1 which is pretty old now. Either use the git repo tag v2.0.0 or follow this link to get the zip: https://nexus.alfresco.com/nexus/service/local/repositories/releases/content/org/alfresco/alfresco-a...