File upload button

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denger_spaghett

File upload button

Hi!

I need to add a file selection button to my "edit metadata" form, something like this:

screen query 1.png

this is the default form, that was automatically rendered for an associationthis is the default form, that was automatically rendered for an association

But i need to be able to pick the file straight from my PC.

I'm new to Alfresco, so any help will be appreciated.

4 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: File upload button

Hi @denger_spaghett & welcome to Alfresco!

Can I clarify your requirement - do you want to be able to associate/upload another file to the metadata of an existing file?

Thanks,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
denger_spaghett

Yes, that's exactly it @EddieMay  and thanks for such a swift reply!

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @denger_spaghett 

You can create associations (Peer & Child) between documents & folders. There is a tutorial on creating associations. Jeff Potts also covers associations in his content modelling tutorial.

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
denger_spaghett

Hi @EddieMay , I'm afraid there was a little bit of a missunderstanding, although I need to create an association, that was not my problem. I was talking about an actual implementation of a button, which when clicked brings up a "file picker" dialogue, where i can pick files from my local file system. And I need the button to be located in the "edit metadata" form, so that it automatically creates the association. From what I've gathered it should be some sort of a "site-webscript", which is a "form control", but that's about all I know, thanks again for your time.