Finding number of files being downloaded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanketmohite

Finding number of files being downloaded

I am using Alfresco 4.0 community version. How can I know number of file being downloaded form afresco for a given day? Is there any postgres query available to get this count?

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Finding number of files being downloaded

Downloads are - by default and without any customisations - not tracked in Alfresco and as a result you cannot query for that information.

mehe
Senior Member II

if you use a reverse proxy or load-balancer in front of alfresco, you could filter and count the access-logs for the download urls - just a thought

afaust
Master

Be aware though that Alfresco supports byte-range downloads, which means - depending on the client (i.e. Adobe PDF) you can end up with multiple entries in the access logs for the same file because the client downloaded the file in chunks instead of "as a whole". Also, a browser can also trigger two (or more) requests on the download URL, i.e. if you use "View in Browser" - one to determine the mimetype so that the browser can check wether to show it directly or present a download popup, and the remaining entries for the download (which again can be in chunks).