cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sz
Member II

Full Text Search and Logging is not working anymore

Hi there, 

After a crash the full text search feature is not working anymore.
Unfortunately we can't find any errors because logging has stopped working since the crash too.
What we tried to fix the issues:

- performing a full reindex with solr on our alfresco server
- restarting the libreoffice_ctl.sh script

but unfortunately that didn't help..

Does anybody knows what we can check next or how we can fix these issues?

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Full Text Search and Logging is not working anymore

First try to find out why logging has stopped working. There is no point trying things out if you can get no information out of the system on what is actually failing with regards to search. Have you checked that the disks / partitions for logs have enough space? Have you checked alternative log files, e.g. catalina.out instead of alfresco.log, or even checked OS-level log files? Are the filesystem privileges set in such a way that the application could even write log files into the intended log folder? Do you get any output when you start Alfresco's Tomcat in blocking instead of daemon mode?

sz
Member II

Thank you for the fast answer.

The disk space isn't full at all. I checked the priveiledges of the log files in the alfresco folder and the all had root as fileowner, which I immediately corrected. In the catalina.out i found following message:

org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 0725503928 GetTextContentResponse return status is 500

sz
Member II

after i fixed the logging issue, we found following error message:

2021-08-26 11:27:01,077 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.web.scripts.RepositoryContainer] [http-bio-8443-exec-32] Server error (0726454525)
org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.ContentIOException: 0726454525 Failed to create directory for file storage: ../tomcat/temp/Alfresco/2021/8/26/11/27

I checked the folder and the owner was the root user, after i corrected that, the server wrote a lot of these log entrys:

error [org.apache.pdfbox.filter.flatefilter] [http-bio-8443-exec-9] flatefilter: stop reading corrupt stream due to a dataformatexception

I had to change ownership of the folder again, otherwise the server will run out of storage space.
Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem?