Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slawek
Member II

Getting all grandchildredn of node in one query

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to get all grandchildren (or even grand...grandchildren) of node using just one query? I'm using REST API and Alfresco Community v5.2.0.

Thank you

Slawek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Getting all grandchildredn of node in one query

Jump to solution

At the same time as you I provided the alternative variant using ANCESTOR. Both are valid / possible. ANCESTOR has a slight advantage over PATH in the cost of processing.

Also note that the PATH example is a bit simple for the stated use case. A proper example query for PATH and looking up children + grand-children would be:

PATH:"/app:company_home/cm:My_x0020_Folder//*"

The above retrieves all children and grand-children of a folder called "My Folder" located at the top level of the Repository. If that folder had the NodeRef workspace://SpacesStore/1234-567890-3457-aefd, the ANCESTOR variant would look like this:

ANCESTOR:"workspace://SpacesStore/1234-567890-3457-aefd"

The resolution of the wildcards and // in the PATH query is what typically makes it more expensive than ANCESTOR.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Alfresco provides different languages to specify queries. You can learn more at

Search query syntax APIs | Alfresco Documentation 

https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/concepts/query-lang-support.html

In your case, I'd use a PATH query with AFTS syntax. Something similar to this:

curl -X POST --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --header 'Accept: application/json' --header 'Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=' -d '{
"query": {
"language": "afts",
"query": "PATH:\"/\""
}
}' 'http://localhost:8080/alfresco/api/-default-/public/search/versions/1/search'
Hyland Developer Evangelist
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

You can perform a FTS query using ReST API to query for nodes using the ANCESTOR field. This will give you all /^(grand-)*children$/ of a particular node.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

At the same time as you I provided the alternative variant using ANCESTOR. Both are valid / possible. ANCESTOR has a slight advantage over PATH in the cost of processing.

Also note that the PATH example is a bit simple for the stated use case. A proper example query for PATH and looking up children + grand-children would be:

PATH:"/app:company_home/cm:My_x0020_Folder//*"

The above retrieves all children and grand-children of a folder called "My Folder" located at the top level of the Repository. If that folder had the NodeRef workspace://SpacesStore/1234-567890-3457-aefd, the ANCESTOR variant would look like this:

ANCESTOR:"workspace://SpacesStore/1234-567890-3457-aefd"

The resolution of the wildcards and // in the PATH query is what typically makes it more expensive than ANCESTOR.