Getting permission denied exception on trying to retrieve or update the workflow task for particular user

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nithish

Getting permission denied exception on trying to retrieve or update the workflow task for particular user

Jump to solution

Hi guys when I'm trying to updateTask or getValidTask im getting permission denied exception 

Can anyone let me know what are the permissions we need to have to get the task for the workflow for a user .

Currently my user has the Coordinator role which alfresco says (full access) even though i can't get or update the task for the particular task .@#Permission Denied exception 

• {
  •    "error":
  •    {
  •        "errorKey": "framework.exception.PermissionDenied",
  •        "statusCode": 403,
  •        "briefSummary": "02210108 Permission was denied",
  •        "stackTrace": "[org.alfresco.rest.workflow.api.impl.TasksImpl.getValidTask(TasksImpl.java:1467),
  • org.alfresco.rest.workflow.api.impl.TasksImpl.updateTaskVariables(TasksImpl.java:1029),
  • sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1620.invoke(Unknown Source), sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source),
  • java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source), org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Getting permission denied exception on trying to retrieve or update the workflow task for particular user

Jump to solution

The name of the error message is a bit misleading. There are no permissions when it comes to workflows / tasks. The basic requirement for being allowed access is that the current user must either be the initiator of the workflow, the assignee of a current task or someone that has previously participated in the workflow (e.g. personally completed a task).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Getting permission denied exception on trying to retrieve or update the workflow task for particular user

Jump to solution

The name of the error message is a bit misleading. There are no permissions when it comes to workflows / tasks. The basic requirement for being allowed access is that the current user must either be the initiator of the workflow, the assignee of a current task or someone that has previously participated in the workflow (e.g. personally completed a task).

nithish

Jump to solution

Thanks Axel that piece of information is really useful. My problem is my user for particular scenario doesnt have the any of the above mentioned requirements is there any way we can overcome this ?

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Unless you replace the AOP interceptor handling these checks there is no way to overcome this other than to include the user(s) in the process somehow.

nithish

Jump to solution

Thanks Axel