Having Guest access to a document - should this allow users to search for this document?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nddipiazza
Member II

Having Guest access to a document - should this allow users to search for this document?

I am working with an Alfresco customer that has content that has the "Guest" permission on entire spaces within Alfresco.

But they claim that Alfresco search does not allow users to find this content using Alfresco Search, even though if they were to have the URL directly, they would in fact be able to open and view this content.

Google Drive has a similar behavior to this referred to as Link Sharing: Link sharing from google drive

Does this same sort of thing exist in alfresco?

I am using the CMIS api to access alfresco document metadata.

Is there some "anyone-with-link" property/metadata that I should be using to determine if I should allow the document to be indexed in search or not?

2 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Having Guest access to a document - should this allow users to search for this document?

The content is indexed, but you need a registered user in Alfresco in order to get the results.

You can create a generic user in order to provide this feature.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
nddipiazza
Member II

Re: Having Guest access to a document - should this allow users to search for this document?

Hey Angel, thanks for the super fast reply!

Hmmm the customer is stating that even though a user is Logged into alfresco, they are expecting not to see search results from the "Guest" permission. They are expecting that these results not be returned unless they are given some sort of more explicit access via a group or their user directly.

This doesn't match what I understood about Alfresco search. I thought it would return items that are "Guest" permission.