cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcollirite
Active Member II

Having trouble assigning tasks to different assignees in custom workflow

Jump to solution

I'm trying to create a custom workflow, where at the start of the workflow, the workflow initiator can choose 3 users to perform different tasks in the workflow (in this case, an author, a reviewer, and an approver).

To do this I am defining each of these roles as an aspect of my start task in my workflow model, and then I am trying to assign these users to process variables in the workflow and assign the tasks to them through the activiti:assignee task. In my share-config-custom I am defining the roles as authority controls. I am following the process described in java ee - Multiple assignee controls in Alfresco Workflow form - Stack Overflow 

The workflow starts without a problem, and Alfresco allows me to select users, but the task assignment does not work. In the workflow history, it says that the task is assigned to "$(author.properties.userName)", which is the expression I use in my bpmn file, but it is not picking up the userName of the author variable.

I have attached my files below. If there is a problem with them, or if there is a better method of achieving this goal, please let me know!

Many thanks

Marcus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcollirite
Active Member II

Re: Having trouble assigning tasks to different assignees in custom workflow

Jump to solution

I've managed to figure it out. First, define each assignee or 'role' in the workflow as an aspect in the workflow model file. Add this as a mandatory aspect to the task description in the same file. You can then call it directly in the bpmn file. For more detail, see my answer on this question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42784146/alfresco-assigning-tasks-to-different-assignees-in-custo...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcollirite
Active Member II

Re: Having trouble assigning tasks to different assignees in custom workflow

Jump to solution

I've managed to figure it out. First, define each assignee or 'role' in the workflow as an aspect in the workflow model file. Add this as a mandatory aspect to the task description in the same file. You can then call it directly in the bpmn file. For more detail, see my answer on this question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42784146/alfresco-assigning-tasks-to-different-assignees-in-custo...